We’re looking for highly skilled, raw and unorthodox bioinformaticians.
Working at Shivom you’ll have the opportunity of accessing one of the most unique and ever growing multi-omic and phenotypic datasets in the world as we pursuit to create the largest genomic data marketplace worldwide.
We’re are seeking to hire, a junior to mid level bioinformatician that can help provide support to our users as well internal teams.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of analytical pipelines.
- Assist in integrating third party pipelines.
- You will help in curating prospective pipelines in line with the Lead Bioinformatician.
- Assist in dataset cleaning and QC’ing.
- Identify new public datasets and GWAS summary statistics.
- You will help screen new datasets that are being upload by our data providers.
- Create new pipelines using Nextflow technology.
- Implementing features and keep track platform metrics.
- Participate in research studies and provide relevant literature research.
- Educated to BSc level (or higher), in Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or a related scientific/quantitative discipline.
- Good understanding of basic statistics and data science
- Experience with clinical datasets/samples.
- Experience in R, Python or similar language appropriate for large-scale genomics analysis.
- Experience in visualisation of biological datasets using D3.js, bokeh, matplotlib, plotly, seaborn and/or ggplot.
- Analysing and interpreting sequencing / NGS data (eg RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, WES, WGS);