We're on a mission to build the world's largest genetic marketplace. At Shivom we envision 1-click access to genomic data & insights for researchers and pharmaceutical companies. How can we make finding Omics data as easy as finding music on Spotify?
Our team is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our London office and work with both our product and development teams.
What We Are Looking For:
You should have a good understanding of best practices of web development and be able to apply them in web development (ES6, JS).
- API design experience
- Understanding of interactions and communication between services (sockets, polling, monitoring)
- Familiar with TDD
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Nice to have:
- Experience with front-end, specially React-Redux
- Experience architecting communication between microservices
- Experience with Docker, AWS and ops over cloud
- Navigate in new code and make sense through what you find
- Pick up new technologies and frameworks that suit the needs of products and users
- Have an interest in working with best practices and principles while contributing to them, in order to keep high quality standards and keep hell far away
- Work towards production deployment rapidly, be able to scale and to be monitored easily
- Feature improvements and delivery will be done in a daily update setup
- Have a mindset ready to firefight against issues realtime is key
- Contribute to features across the entire life cycle, from inception to deployment in production * Contribute to, and help make decisions that affect architecture design
- Involvement in software engineering processes, not just coding
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 to each person for personal development;
- 1-Remote working day a week
- International and diverse team;
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences and big data fields.