By joining Shivom, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
We are looking for an Account Director to lead our growing team in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This role will report to the VP Commercial, and manage a team of Sales Executives with approximately 4-6 reports. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of Shivom's commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales and profit objectives are met within designated territories and for the district overall.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Develop, execute and monitor the district business plan to meet assigned revenue and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the district sales team to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the district within assigned expense budgets
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- To drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Marketing, Technical Support) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Talent Acquisition - Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, and hire of resource to support forecasted sales targets
- Talent Development activities to ensure that the sales team has the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management - setting performance standards, setting realistic job goals, conducting performance appraisals, and disciplinary action
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring utilization and compliance in accordance with departmental policies and practices for Salesforce.com (SFDC)
Required Skills And Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of sales, marketing or equivalent experience in the Life Science industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales management experience in the Life Science industry
- Experience managing and motivating sales professionals, setting and managing sales targets
- Must be able to build relationships at a very high level
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills